Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Zdravo

I made it to Serbia! Getting here was a little difficult. I was delayed in Birmingham before I ever left. So my tickets were rearranged. I wasn't able to meet my team in Munich. In the Frankfurt airport I had trouble getting my boarding pass, but God sent "an angel" my way. A nice German man helped me after his shift was over to go through security and get my ticket quicker. I was able to get my boarding pass and made the flight on time. However, after we boarded the plane we sat there for an hour and a half because too many planes needed to depart. I made it to Belgrade about 6:00 and met up with my team.

Sunday we ate lunch at the Sharpe's, went grocery shopping, and watched a football game. The people here are very friendly and willing to help. I've enjoyed my time here so far and can't wait to see the way God will work in the lives of the Serbs.

Volim Te (Love you),
Tori

P.S. I am typing this for Tori because of her finger. Sorry for the mistakes. Just imagine her sweet voice as you read this. Becky

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey baby
I am glad to hear that you finally made it into the country, after many obsticals, you finally made it. We really missed you in Sunday School, but our prayers are with you ever stronger. We are giving Josh L. a hard time for breaking your finger, who knows he may hop on the plane and come to take care of you. also I talked to Kytes today, he says HI and he is proud to hear that you are following God's plan
I love you and pray that God will continue to open many doors for you.
Darlene

Anonymous said...

Love you dearly,
Glad you are doing well. Your call this am was a surprise. It was good to here your voice. God has angles all around you. He is at work. Take care of your hand. We love you, Mama

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl:

Praise God for always sending "angels" just when we need them. May God give you an extra measure of peace and assurance. Just remember, many people love you and are praying for you. Love, Aunt Pansy

Anonymous said...

Hey Tori!!! I hope every thing's working out and your finger isn't causing to much pain or trouble...I am glad you made it safe to Serbia...I am praying for you! I hope you have a wonderful trip and I know God will bless you!!! I LOVE YOU

Donna L. Flowers

Anonymous said...

Tori,
It is so wonderful to hear that you are in Serbia safely! I have been praying for you constantly since you left. I can see that God has already answered one of my prayers! I love how you put that God sent "an angel" your way in the airport. I know that is a direct answer to my prayers!! As I prayed for your journey through the foreign airports, I asked that God would help guide you through, and if you had any problems, that he would send someone, an angel even, to help you. Isn't our God amazing?! He knew what you'd need even before you went, and I am confident that He put that prayer in my heart for you.
I love you, and I can't wait to hear more about your time in Serbia! I know God has a purpose and a plan for you. If you get homesick, just know that through giving up your friends and family for a summer, you are gaining countless brothers and sisters in Christ.

Rebekah

Unknown said...

Hey precious,
Praising God that you made it to your new home away from home. As your friend stated, I can hear your sweet voice saying these precious words everytime you post something. You are a GIFT from GOD Tori and I can't WAIT to see what God brings to fruition from all the seeds that have been planted with your trip! To God be the Glory, great things HE HAS ALREADY DONE AND I KNOW HE WILL DO!!! I miss seeing you beautiful...until later...
Loving you always,
KT

Anonymous said...

Hey baby,
I love you dearly. Our Lord be with you today in a special way.
"In our weakness He is strong"
We are suppose to get rain today, the horses would love some fresh grass. Little man is doing good, he will be ready for you , when you come back. Love you, mama

Anonymous said...

Hey Tori,
Just want you to know you are in my thoughts and prayers. Eph. 3:20
Love Ms. Pat