Thursday, May 31, 2007

It's Here!

Yesterday, I went to back to Birmingham to get a few last minute items. One of those being take-out menus. (Becky, the English Club coordinator in Cacak, asked me to pick up a few, because we're going to teach a unit on food.) Little did I realize the ministry opportunity I would have in asking for take-out menus. There were a few awkward places, but for the most part the people were friendly and even some would ask me questions. I had the opportunity to share where and why I was going, allowing God to speak through my few words and show them His love. On my way home, I thought about our amazing Lord. In gathering resources for my trip, He was at work in the lives of those whom I simply asked, "May I have a take-out menu?"

As for today... Well it has actually come time for me to finish packing my bags, spend one more night with my family, and wait for the incredible things that I will see God do this summer. Yes, my stomach is a little uneasy with navigating my way through the airports and traveling all by myself. As well as not knowing exactly what to expect of my summer. But like always I find comfort through God's words. In Isaiah 42:16, God says, "I will lead the blind by a way they do not know, in paths they do not know I will guide them. I will make darkness into light before them and rugged into plains. These are the things I will do, and I will not leave them undone." We can't dwell in our past nor can we dwell about our future. When we choose to follow God, there will be times we have to trust him with our everything and keep our faith that He is the one leading us.

I appreciate everyone who has lifted me up in prayer already!! and ask for you to continue to do so throughout the summer. Know that y'all are in my prayers too!! For I know God will be at work in Alabama just as much as He will be in Serbia.

I'm going to miss y'all!

Tori

Oh and about my hand, I went to the doctor this morning. It's only been a little over a week, but he said it was healing good. Fortunately, the swelling has gone down a bit, so it doesn't look so awful anymore. It's still sore and my finger has about five weeks left to heal completely. I will have to see a doctor in Serbia, but just to get x-rays and make sure everything still doing well.

5 comments:

Jess said...

I'm so excited for you, and can't wait to hear about all the ways God is using you in Serbia! Have a FANTASTIC time, and know that you're loved and being lifted up!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you! I can't wait to hear about everything God is doing through you in serbia! Congratulations on getting one of your greatest dreams fulfilled! I hope that one day I too may have an opportunity such as this! I lov eyou so much and I hope you have a wonderful time!

Love you!!
Keri

Anonymous said...

Broking your finger, having to deal with delayed flights and problems getting a bording pass in Frankfurt [with out daddy there to fix it!!] making your 12 hour flight a 24 hour flight it appears satan didn't want you in Serbia. You are a woman strong in your faith. I am very proud of you. God has great plans for you this summer.

I love you
DAD

Unknown said...

AMEN to Dad's (David's) comment... It made me want to cry.... I too am SOOO proud of you Tori, you are an amazing woman who knows how to look to our AMAZING SAVIOR!!!! I learn so much from you daily, can't wait to hear more from you and see God's plan through you and your mission friends!
Lots of love,
KT

Anonymous said...

Hi Tori,

This is Susan Sumners at Madix that worked with your Dad a few years ago in engineering.

I just don’t know where to begin. I am so excited for you and know everyone is so proud of you. I told your Dad, he is very blessed to have you as a daughter. I have enjoyed reading your Blog. Sorry to hear about all of your trouble getting to your destination but God has plans we may never understand. Just shows how strong you are in your faith that nothing could stop you from doing what you felt God had called you to do. I know that you will be a blessing to everyone you come in contact with there.
I got-on-to your Dad because he had not even told me about being able to send you a hello at your website. My neighbor told me.
I saw Brittany today. Didn’t even know she was working here at Madix. Passed her in the plant and thought “I know her” but couldn’t place her. You guys have really grown up. David said even Witt has a job. Boy you guys are making me feel REALLY OLD.

I will keep you in my prayers and hope you continue to enjoy your work.

Love to you and many blessings,
Susan