Thursday, June 28, 2007

As I was spending time alone with God, He really just spoke to me through the this week, "Now go! I will be with you as you speak, and I will instruct you in what to say." Exodus 4:12 It has reassured me that God is never going to leave me and on top of it all He will be the one giving me the words to say. I should never worry about what others think, because when God provides the time, he will also give me wisdom in what to say. This week I have been able to share what God means to me with some people here. I try to explain that He is the one who comforts, strengthens, and loves me so much and I want other people to feel that same love that God has filled my life with. It's been such an encouragement to see God touching my life and the friends I have made here! He is so good!!

I have really enjoyed my weekend. It was so much fun and I got to see many different things here in Serbia. Saturday morning Mirela, Dragana, and Jovana took us on a road trip and we had an absolutely wonderful time! The first thing we did after our two hour bus ride was climb up this hill that was very steep to the Wooden Village at the top. Coming down was more difficult than the hike up and next time I will not wear flip flops. However, Dragana did teach us a trick on coming down - walk down sideways - and it worked.

My class last Friday. We have a break this week and they all talked about how much they will miss it. I know I'm going to miss spending time with them too. They are so nice and teach me as much Serbian as I teach them English. It's been fun.


One of the many pictures from our train ride. I think it was a little over two hours. We went through many tunnels and all throughout the mountains. I just loved seeing the beautiful countryside of Serbia. It was gorgeous!

Sunday morning at the "Funny Boat Race" in Kraljevo. It was nothing that I expected it to be, but I'm glad I went for the experience and really enjoyed my time there. To sum up the event in a few words, it would be a party on the river with thousands of people just having a good time.

Yes, it was cold at the start of our day Sunday.

Snezana, me, Katarina, and Mirela waiting for the rafts to come down the river. We would ride the bus ahead of the rafts, then wait to watch come by.

There were all sorts of rafts. On this one, they were roasting a pig.

Today, Nemanja wanted a picture us together. He wanted all to know back home that I'll be better when I get back. My hand is so much better, but I still have to work it a lot and some days are more painful than others. I have seven more days of therapy; then I'll be on my own.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tori, It sounds like you are having a vacation. That is great and all the sites you able to see. This will go good with the book I know you are going to write when you get home. Your experience will be worth publishing. I am very proud of you and how GOD is using you. Well July is here and August is close by. You know what I am thinking. Keep up the good work.
Papa Chas....

Anonymous said...

Hey,
It was great to here from you on the phone. Wow! a great weekend. Glad you are able to see some of the country side. I know you love the great outdoors. Maybe next time they will let the girls ride the rafts. Glad you got to meet some short term missionaries from Tenn.sounds like ya'll had a great time.
Enjoy the areas you will see this week. Keep up the therapy on your hand.
Thanks for the pics. It is great to see you and the friends you have made. God is in control. You look great. I love you dearly, Talk to you hopefully Sunday,
Mama

Anonymous said...

Tori,
I am so proud of you, I am praying many will come to know Christ through your faithful witness.
Is'nt it amazing how God is opening doors through your accident with your hand.
Love Ms.Pat

Anonymous said...

Tori, it is great to read all the exciting things you are doing and experiencing. You are doing an amazing job and God is truly working through all of you there. WE miss you and you are in our thoughts and prayers.

The Duncans

Anonymous said...

Tori: Just wanted you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. God created an awesome world...It's so wonderful that you are getting to experience this beautiful place. God Bless You, Pansy

Anonymous said...

Tori,
It is amazing the love and committment you have for these people, and your mixed emotions will certainly be a prayer request.
You are teaching us at home the true love of Christ, for his mission
to love and reach everyone.Thank you! We need to be reminded and you have taught us well.
Love Ms. Pat