Friday, June 15, 2007

What A Wonderful Week!

This is probably one of my favorite places in Cacak- the river! It's a beautiful view all around and a great place to walk.

This morning at the hospital with Dragana (for my hand). I don't know how I could've done it without her and Becky! They truly comforted me, because I was quiet nervous this morning going to a foreign hospital. May I say God opened my eyes to a whole new perspective and it was an experience that I'll never forget. We are so blessed to have the healthcare that we have in the U.S. and take so much for granted.

The Intermediate English Class
(Bozdar, Deyan, Shelly-the teacher, Dragana, Marko, Velizar)

The Beginner Class
(Renata, Tanja, Me- the teacher, Snezana, Nebojsha, Maya, Ratko, Deucia, Mira)

I know- kinda of strange, but let me say the food here is amazing!!! This was the leftovers and so far this has been my favorite place to eat. It was even traditional Serbian food. Yummy!

~

It's already Friday night? I can't believe it. This week has been absolutely AMAZING... God has been with me every moment of the day and has blessed me indeed! First of all, I want to say that I have absolutely fell in love with teaching English here in Cacak. I have really enjoyed this week. Tonight at the end of class, they gave me this huge candy bar and told me that they love me as their teacher. It just topped off my wonderful week and was God's way of showing the influence that I have in their lives.

Our God is so good!
Tori

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Sweetheart,
It was a great surprise to get your call yesterday. Brittney came by the office only a few minuets after we hung up and couldn't believe she missed you. I am so sorry the phone messed up and cut our conversation short. You sounded so good. It lifted my day to get to talk to you. I can tell in your voice that you are growing and gaining confidence in your mission work. I loved the photos you posted. The food looks delicious and from what you said you may like Serbian food better than food back home. You better learn how to cook some so we can have a taste of what you experienced. I was in trouble with MOM when I got home. I bragged that you called ME today and she wanted to know why I didn't call her with the finger update. I was too busy telling the folk at the office about your call, I forgot all about MOM!!! Keep exercising that finger. From what you said It sounds like you had a lot of tissue damage also. I'm sure that will be sore for awhile. Just try not to let it stiffen up [and keep Dr. Mom informed] I have seen God work so much in your life, especially since June 1st I know that this finger is not a problem for him and is and will be used for his glory!
We came to Mama Rue and Papa Cha's last night. We plan to go back home late this evening. If you get a chance to call today try their house.

I gotta go, I love you
Daddy

Anonymous said...

Hey baby,
I am glad you went ahead and went to the doctor. We will trust the Lord with this as He is in control. Nothing is minor or major to Him. He created you and you are His. You are precious to Him. Just work extra hard in getting those joints to bend, but also be careful of pressure on broken bone. God will take care of it.
Classes are going well I am so glad for you as the Lord is at work.
Hope you get to sight see alittle this weekend. The river looks peaceful. You have the mts. to walk in that can take the place of your woods and pasture at home.
Little man is doing good. He now has an attitude about being still when saddling up on him. Yesterday, I took him back to the barn several times got off then back on. He did not move those times maybe it stuck in his head what I want him to do. Repetition.
Mama Rue and Papa Cha have a dog name Chap He is a golden retriever. He is a precious dog.
Our new cat is doing fine. We can't decide on a new name. Any ideas.
I know you have things to do. We love you.
Mama

Jennifer Green said...

I'm glad that you like the food! That is a blessing! Is your finger still hurt from when you hurt your hand?