Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Overwhelmed & Refreshed

Yesterday was a real struggle for me. I felt overwhemled everywhere, but last night God renewed my spirit and I'm ready today with God by my side!! I went to "physical therapy" for my first time yesterday, and I'll have to continue for ten days. This time I wasn't as nervous about going to the hospital. I think partially because I'd been Friday and seen what it was like. Dragana went with me again, along with Becky and Shelly. We all went in the room together. Dragana sat by me, Becky and Shelly stood to the side. The physical therapist was so kind and I truly couldn't have asked God to provide a better one for me. He worked my hand gently, even though it did hurt- well physical therapy's not suppose to feel good. Like I said, he was so sweet and told me that it would have to hurt to get better and that he would have it better by the time I go back to America. The really amazing part was the doors it opened for the English Club. Nemanja, the physical therapist, was asking why I was here, did I like it in Serbia, and so forth (the usual questions that everyone asks). As Dragana was explaining it all to him, the next thing I know there were doctors and nurses just coming in wondering about everything. Probably having all of three of us Americans in there brought some curiosity too. When everyone started coming in asking questions and talking in Serbian is when I became a little uncomfortable. I felt to be the center of attention and didn't have a clue on what anyone was saying. I was just overwhelmed. Nemanja worked with my hand for about thirty minutes. Then he took me into this room with like this heating machine. I can't really explain it, but I'll have to tell y'all about it later. It was an awkward experience in itself. While we were in there, some more people asked Dragana about the English Club too. It was funny, because Dragana said the whole hospital will be there tonight...
And guess what my physical therapist and two other nurses came and one even brought her son last night to English Club! Wow! at the ways of ministering to others through my hurt hand. God knew what he was doing all along! But it's not all it seems- because once again, inside I was hurting and feeling overwhelmed. Along with the three nurses, I had five other new students to come to my class. People kept coming in and I don't think we could have tried to fit in another chair. I really had no where to move. I had a total of thirteen students. It was very crowded, and like you know there is no AC in most places- we just open the windows, so it was extremely hot. Being the introvert that I am, I really just wanted to leave. It was amazing to see how God had brought so many people to the English Club, but I was just like why are they all in my class? I really struggled teaching last night, but I still think everyone enjoyed it.
After English Club I was just wanting to talk to Mama and cry. And that's what I did. I went over to Julie and Karl's and called her. It's always comforting to talk to my mama and I just prayed that I would just have a peace about everything and for God to wrap me up in his arms. May I say he did just that! On my way home, my spirit was just refreshed and felt God's presence around me.

Praise God from whom ALL blessings flow!
Tori

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey babe,
God is in control. Those detours are a reminder of His Amazing Grace. I love you dearly, You were God's first ,He just allow me and daddy to raise you here. I know He will take care of you.
Mama

we have trouble posting sometime, other probally do to

Jennifer Green said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer Green said...

Hey girl! I am just leaving you all kinds of comments. I guess that's my fault for getting behind checking your blog! :)

I understand the overwhelming feeling that you felt, and will be praying for you. It's great to see when God is using us, but like you, sometimes I wish that he would use someone else, and I could just be a spectator!

But I read this verse last night, and when I read your blog I thought about it.

"Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen."

1 Peter 4:10-11

P.S. Sorry about that last post, I accidentally pressed enter before I was done!

Savannah said...

Hi tori,
well how is it going? i hope you are doing well. i can't wait 4 u 2 get back so we can talk.i am sure that you are tired and really homesick but remember who u are serveing! that is the main point right?and i hope all goes well with ur fingy (as mark would say!!)i am sure you want to just crawl into ur mammas arms but you are doing great. i don't know if i could be u? i would have told them to put me back on a plane 2 see my mamma!!HA HA!! but anyways, you are a great girl and you are very brave. again i can't wait 2 see u!!!!!!
love ya girl,
Savannah Pennington

Brittney said...

hey my lovely sister, I know I talked to you yesterday and havn't anything really new to say but I love you and am constantly praying for you I hope therapy is going well and your english club is growing...I love you sooo much!
Brittney

Sybil said...

tori! it sounds like you are doing alot of great things in Serbia, and I know that God is using you for His glory. I pray that he will grant you endurance and allow you to focus on your mission. i can't wait to see you this fall.