Thursday, June 14, 2007

Thank You

"Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God. Whenever I pray, I make my requests for all of you with joy, for you have been my partners in spreading the Good News about Christ.." (Phil. 1:3-5) I couldn't explain the way I feel about y'all any better than what Paul states in Philippians. I was struggling last time I posted and as I look back over the last few days, I see the way God has answered all those who are(and I know are continuing to) praying for me. Thank you so much!!
Teaching this week has been awesome! The students have been enjoying class and come back each day. It really makes me happy to see them so eager to learn English and already I'm getting to know some of them closer and build realtionships. In the morning, I only have two people, Ratko and Snezana, to come; however, I absolutely love working with them. As I teach them, they also work with me and teach me some Serbian. So I've made some progress this week and not afraid to use the words I know. It would be great for you lift both of them up in prayer this week. Ratko is at the crossroads of having a personal relationship with Jesus, but struggling with a few things. Snezana just started coming to the English Club for the first time this summer and I hope to build a freindship with her. I know it's already starting :) She's so sweet! The night class that I teach is the same as the morning and more people come to it. This week I've had around seven- oh and Ratko and Snezana come to both. They're so eager to learn. - It's been wonderful working with them too. It's totally different teaching adults, but just the week I've come to enjoy it. Thank-you God!! I finish class each day with so much joy! It's truly been an answer to prayer. ~ Vidimo se kasnije. (see you later)

For His Glory!!!
Tori

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey

whatley said...

Tori, it sounds like you are having a good time. Maybe you need to teach us some english when you come home. Yes, we pray for you everyday and I know God has great things for you. We do miss you and are counting the days for your return. Your Mom keeps us updated when you call. She hasn't mentioned your finger lately, but I hope it is ok. Keep up the good work....

Anonymous said...

Hey Babe just cking the blog. I have had trouble getting on today. Maybe the doctor will give you some direction on your finger healing today.(By the time you get this) Your in our prayers. God is in control all the time.
He is using you with that creative ability He has given you to teach the Serbian's. Ratko and Snezana are especially in our prayers and the guy in the sports group with the Damean and Jacob. God is at work all around us. He is using us as we allow Him to. We have to be prepared each day as Satan tries to throw things in our path. Keep our eyes on Jesus.
It is exciting to hear how he is at work. May our Lord be glorified in everything you say and do.
I love you ,mama

Josh Littleton said...

Hey tori Hope u are having a good day. Life here in alabama is going good. I will be praying for the 2 kids that you have in your morning class and especially the one that is almost ready to accept christ. I will also be praying for you.
Love
Josh Littleton

Anonymous said...

Tori: Just to let you know that you are being prayed for and thought about every day. It sounds like everything is going well. God is so good!!! I pray for a complete healing of your finger and for your ministry. WE LOVE YOU.......AUNT PANSY

Abby has been at Shocco this week for a mission camp and called me yesterday with exciting news that God had used her to lead 3 teenagers to Christ!

Brittney said...

hey tori this is your sister yesI know I am actually leaving something on your blog instead of a book for an e-mail lol I love you so much and I hope your dr. app. for your finger went well I am still praying for you and the other students this week mom and me were trying to pronounce their names last night, yeah that was comical lol I have decided to teach that class at the ebach trip I am very nervous about it but yeah..I don't know you are a better teacher than I am :) I hope you have a good afternoon
love ya sis
brittney
oh and I still havn't found those movies I think you hid them from me lol you are so sneaky I will find out the truth;) just messin!

Jennifer Green said...

Tori, I'm so glad that God is filling your heart with joy as you teach the serbs English. It sounds like God is already using you in a mighty way! I'll be praying for you and your students! Love you!

Jennifer G.