Wednesday, May 23, 2007

God is in Control

We will not always understand why things happen when they do, but we do have to keep our faith in God and remember that HE is in control of all things!

Sunday afternoon I rode 4-wheelers with several of my friends that I will miss this summer. We were just discussing plans for supper and decided to go on one more trail before heading home. It was then, as we were all starting off, that the 4-wheeler behind us hit ours and I was unfortunately holding on to the back bar. All I saw at first was my ring all disfigured and flattened; immediately I thought I had lost my finger. I was in so much pain and I don't remember all that went on, but I do know God provided me with much comfort and gave the guys strength to do what they had to do even though it was hurting me- especially to Joey when I just told him to my pull my ring off because I knew we had no other choice at that point. Thankfully, I only broke one finger and just damaged the tissue really bad. However, it's my right hand and I can't really use it now due to all of the soreness and swelling (it looks so nasty). Therefore it's been very difficult for me to deal with my injury and being patient enough to just use my left, which is so SLOW!

Trying to get my mind off all the pain, as we were on our way to the hospital, I began to look at the ways God was at work through the whole stituation and what to praise him for...

1. we were in the middle of the woods and our phones didn't pick up well, but where the accident happened we had phone service

2. we actually had a cooler with ice

3. I was able to stay calm and really didn't ever cry until I saw Mama at the hospital

4. God was right there with us!

I don't know why God allowed this to happen to me right now as I'm getting ready to leave home for nine weeks and serve Him in Serbia. I just ask for you to pray not only for my healing, but also for my spirit not to become so depressed over it all- that's really what I've been struggling with. God allowed this to happen for a reason and I've got to remember that He's in control and will continue to take care of me. For he told Paul in 2 Corinthians 12:9 "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Tori,
I had heard about this the other day from Debbie. She said the guys talked about how brave you were during this whole experience. But then again, I knew that you would be!! I am so proud of you Tori and can't wait to see how much more God will use you for His Glory! He has already blessed my life so much by allowing you to come through and touch my heart! I'll be thinking of you and looking at your blogs, so keep us posted!! I Love you, Karen

Kim said...

Hey Tori -
I was reading your blog about your 'adventure' and was reminded how often we take our eyes off God in situations and focus on other things - like the pain, the situation, etc. We should stop and thank God in every circumstance, even when (or especially when) we don't understand the reason or the outcome. Thank you for reminding me. I pray that your hand heals well, but I don't understand why you're having a hard time with your left hand. I'm left-handed and it's easy! Love you, Tori!